Sunday, August 24, 2014

Tips For Getting Back into Running!

As you may or may not know, I've recently got back in the habit of running! It's been  tough to keep at it, especially if you haven't gone for a run in so long, but once you do it's totally worth it. A few days ago, I had a conversation with one of my friends and we both concluded that running is in fact quite difficult to keep on top of; that conversation inspired me to write this post! I hope some of these tips will either inspire you to start running or simply stay on track with it.



1.Start off small
What helped me get back into the swing of things was to work my way up to running by walking a lot more than I normally do. You definitely don't want to overexert yourself, which for me is easy to do because I like to push myself, but it's best to work your way up! So go for more walks or start off with a small jog.


2. Schedule your runs
This is the most helpful for me because I know every time the clock hits 7, that's my cue to put on my workout gear, and head out the door! It's always nice to set a schedule for yourself and it makes the process easier to get back into.

3. Treat yourself!
This is probably the most important tip! Once you start your running routine, you should treat yourself with something nice as a reward. Get yourself whatever it is you've been lusting over recently because you deserve it! Or pamper yourself after that long run! I can't tell you enough how rewarding it feels to come home after a run and treat myself to nice long warm bath!

4. Don't beat yourself up
If you decide to skip a day or you simply couldn't go for a run, don't beat yourself up for it. It's okay to miss a day or two, and you shouldn't beat yourself up for it. Life happens and sometimes you just don't want to and I'm here to tell you it's okay! You can always go for a run the next day or week.


These are the tips that helped me get back in the groove and although it's hard at times, I just remind myself of how I feel during and after my runs to keep myself motivated. I hope some of these tips are useful to you!

Do you have any helpful tips?

As always, sending all my love to my fellow beauty connoisseurs! x

No comments:

Post a Comment