Thursday, August 28, 2014

ELF Products: Are They Worth It? + My Favorites

 

When shopping for E.L.F products it can become quite overwhelming sometimes! Especially, when you're shopping online because there are so many products to choose from, and to be quite honest, they can sometimes be a miss. There are, however, some products that are amazing, and for the price, it's worth a try!

After trying out quite a few E.L.F. products I've actually discovered some gems and ones that I would definitely repurchase!

















One of my favorites and one I was utterly impressed with is the Studio Matte Lip Color in the shade Rich Red. This lipstick is so pigmented and although it's matte, it's actually creamy and non drying. The first time I used this bad boy, I was instantly hooked! And, for $3, well, that's certainly a steal!

The E.L.F Studio Lip Stain in the shade Red Carpet is extremely comfortable to wear and it lasts a reasonable amount hours. If you plan on eating and drinking then, you will need to touch up every now then, but that's not exactly a deal breaker for me. I really do enjoy wearing this when I need a break from my other liquid lipsticks since those can be drying.


Another lipstick favorite is their Studio Moisturizing Lipstick.  I love these lipsticks because they are exactly what the name suggests: moisturizing! They also wear nicely throughout the day, which is vital! These lipsticks are super creamy that they glide beautifully on the lips, but not too creamy to the point where they slide off them. No one likes clown lips!







The E.LF. Studio HD Blush is one product that I fell in love with, and soon quickly fell out of it. Yes, it's extremely pigmented and it does last hours! Unfortunately,  the formula is flawed. When I first tried it out the consistency was quite thick, but as time went on (give or take 2 weeks) it became runny. It's still  manageable,  but that problem was a let down.

On the powder side of things, the E.L.F Studio Blush is rather nice. The formula is slightly on the powdery side, but I personally don't find that to be a problem.  Actually its forgiven because it does seem to last a reasonable amount of hours on my face which is rare.



When it comes to cream products,  I'm always a bit hesitate because I feel like they would slip and slide off my face,  but the E.L.F Contouring Blush & Bronzing Cream to my surprise lasted pretty well on my face. I love the dusty pinky peach shade and the bronzing cream is nice as well. I was scared to use the bronzing cream because I felt like it would make my face look muddy. Fortunately,  it didn't!











The E.LF Essential All Over Color Stick , as you know, is exactly that essential!  These babies are great to use as a highlight.  It's shimmery and definitely gives off that wet dewy look. I can't rave enough about these color sticks and they also smell like lemonade.  Yum!













The very first item I tried from E.L.F was actually their Essential Eyelid Primer and this would have to be my most repurchased item. It's a great eyeshadow primer and for the price, you really can't go wrong! If you have extremely oily eyelids this primer might not be ideal, but it's a worth a try!

E.L.F HD Lifting Concealer is something I use on a daily basis and for good reasons! I have the brightening concealer which does help brighten my under eye area. I do find that the product does dry quickly, so you have blend it out once you put it on.


Overall, I think E.L.F products are definitely worth a try considering all their products are reasonably priced. You never know, you might end up finding a few gems like I did!

Have you given E.L.F products a go?  What are some of  your favorites?

As always, sending all my love to my fellow make up connoisseurs! x

4 comments:

  1. I've been loving ELF at the moment. Their products are just so affordable. I just repurchased the eyelid primer - such a bargain! I've always wondered about the matte lip colours but they sound fab! x

    The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try out their matte lip sticks, they're pretty great! :)

      Delete
  2. I love ELF Cosmetics! I have a Best & Worst post all about ELF coming to my blog very soon! I'm really happy that I was able to discover and read your post all about ELF Cosmetics!

    Krystal | Little Beauty Bug <3 & Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Elf as well! Their products are so affordable and worth a try. I'll be sure to check out that post when it's up! And thank you. (: x

      Delete