Thursday, September 11, 2014

My First Week At Makeup School!





As most you know I have just started my journey to becoming a make-up artist about a week ago. and boy has it been exciting! I must say that the journey started a bit stressful because I literally got my supplies a few days before my first day, but from then on out it has been quite thrilling. 




During the first week we had our orientation, which was supposed to be scheduled the day prior to the first day, but instead it held on the first day of class.
This day was packed with a lot of information to retain as far as what is expected and what we'll be learning in our class. The class that I am currently taking is called Beauty 101 and in this class we learn the basics of make-up application as the name suggests.



So far I have learned base matching, color correction, and highlighting and contouring! And boy do we get tons of practice! I can certainly say my skin took a beating this week!



It is certainly an exciting class, yes we do have lectures, but a majority of your class time is used to practice these skills on each other. So far my experience has been a good a good one and it's nice to be surrounded by others who are as passionate about the field and we also learn and support one another!





If you guys are interested in more of these kinds of posts, let me know and I'll be happy to do more! I was thinking of doing a "what's in my make-up kit" post and show you guys inside and what it is I take to school.

I hope all you are well, and until next time, sending all my love to my fellow make up connoisseurs! x

No comments:

Post a Comment