Thursday, June 12, 2014

Moving Forward

I thought I would write something quite different than my other regular posts. Recently I haven't been in the best of moods, so I took some time to reflect. I've also just finished up my finals for this semester and I'm glad to say that this semester is finally over!

While I was at school one morning, I happened to come across a blog post by Keiko Lynn (who is one of my FAVORITES) that really hit home with me. As you all know or those of you who have read my first blog post, I went though a pretty tough time in my life in the past two months. One thing that I didn't mention was I've also been struggling with my health and with the accumulation of those things I felt my world crumble. And ever since then I've been trying to pick myself up again and move forward, which I must admit I do still have minor set backs, but I'm trying and that's all you can do.
Once I read Keiko's post I realized that I really did let my anxiety and depression get the better of me. I was in a rut and didn't see myself getting out of it. One thing that stuck out to me in that post was this sentence: " I let circumstances beyond my control dictate my every breath and being."
That is something I struggle with, not having control or letting things I can't control do exactly that.

After reading her post it inspired me to do the same and allow myself to be more proactive and make progress in order to bring myself to a new beginning.

I will have more posts about beauty coming soon, but I just thought I would share what's been going on.
And I haven't forgotten my blog, so don't fret! (:

Until next time, sending all my love to you all! And can I just say thank you to each and every one of you who take the time to read my posts, it means the world to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment