Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Kat Von D's Everlasting Lip Stain (Her 16 new Shades)

If you're like me and have tried KvD's liquid lipsticks then you're totally obsessed with them! I have quite a few of her colors even the first ones she originally launched years (maybe not that long) ago! She recently launched 16 new shades and I'm in love with all the colors! She even added that batch of Lolita lipsticks that were too pink in this line under the name "Mother" and I can't wait to get my hands on each and every color!


 




I only have three colors to share with you all because these were the colors I was longing for!
The colors I chose were: Exorcism, Damned, and Echo  All of which are dark colors that I fell in love with and needed in my collection.

What made me fall in love with Kat's liquid lipstick was the simple fact that I didn't have to reapply all the time, I could eat in peace and not look like a crazy person, and if I did need to reapply it was easy to layer on top of what I already had! So when I heard she was coming up with 16 new shades, you could just imagine my excitement!







Exorcism, which is named after the cult film, is a beautiful deep burgundy red and a staple fall color or the perfect alternative to your everyday red. This color has to be my most favorite out of the three I purchased. It is quite similar to Vampira (which is already part of her line), so if you have that one I wouldn't bother so much with Exorcism, but if you don't have Vampira try this one out!





Damned, is a rich red purple (almost black) and to be honest, not my favorite. The color is gorgeous, but it doesn't make up for the inconstancy in the formula. I was so sad to find that with this color, I really had to layer it on because it would split (if that makes sense) and I had to wait for one layer to dry before adding another one on top because if I didn't it would just remove previous layer.
(TOP to BOTTOM: Echo, Damned, Exorcism)



Echo, which has my heart, is the most gorgeous cobalt blue and certainly a color for the daring! I can only guess that this color was named after the 80s band, Echo & the Bunnymen, or at least that's what I tell myself when I'm wearing this color! Again, I was a little disappointed to see that this color was a tad sheer when applied to the lips. I didn't bother me as much to keep layering this color to get the payoff because it is one of my favorite lip colors to wear as of now, so I deal with it. It takes maybe two & 1/2 layers to get it to my liking.



I'm hoping that there isn't an inconsistency in the formula with the other colors in this line that I found with the darker colors. I really do enjoy these liquid lipsticks aside from that little mishap and can't wait to try out her new eye shadows that she launched!

Until next time, sending all my love to my make-up connoisseurs

No comments:

Post a Comment