Thursday, July 10, 2014

Riding The Wave: Products For Us Wavy Haired Gals


For the longest time I've really struggled with my wavy locks. I also found it quite difficult to find products that would help enhance my natural waves. I wish I was blessed with luscious waves, but my waves aren't exactly my favorite. There was a time when I did not embrace my waves and all I wanted was straight hair, so for the longest time I would straighten my hair e v e r y single day! Crazy, right? It wasn't until I reached high school and decided to put down my straightening iron and just learn to accept my wavy hair.

It's taken me a while to figure out my waves, but I got there in the end. My biggest peeve is that my waves start to actually wave from my ears down, which leaves the top half of my hair flat. Here are some products I found to help not only emphasize my waves, but also gives me some volume to really make my waves pack a nice punch!

Not Your Mother's Plump For Joy Thickening Hair Lifter

My love for Not Your Mother's products continues to grow! This was actually the first product I tried out and I absolutely love it! What I like most about this product is the fact it doesn't weigh down my hair, or make my roots super greasy. You can use this on wet hair, but I tend to work it in once my hair is dry and it gives my waves more of a bounce that I need. I use quite a lot of this product and I still haven't made a dent in it! Overall, if you're looking for a nice boost whether you have wavy hair or not, this product is great for that!


L'OREAL PARIS Txt It Tousle Waves Spray

I love a good sea salt spray and its a great way to revive your waves, if they're not exactly that beach vibe you crave. I've tried a few sea salt sprays including Bumble and Bumble's Surf Spray, which surprising isn't my favorite and I'm usually a huge fan of B&B. I find that the L'oreal Txt It spray does the job in giving me nice beachy waves. The one complaint I do have with this product is it tends to really dry out my hair, if I use it back to back, but other than that I quite like it. Like I said, sea salts sprays can be your best friend when you have wavy hair, especially on those days your waves are looking a tad bit flat, it can instantly perk those waves up.
Tip: I find I really enjoy this product on day two hair, spray a little of this and braid your hair before bed and when you wake up, you'll have nice tousled waves! 

My hunt for products geared towards wavy hair is still on going. Hopefully these two products will help you out in the wave department! If you have any recommendations for me, feel free to let me know. I love discovering new products to try!


Until next time, sending all my love to my beauty connoisseurs! x


No comments:

Post a Comment