Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Minimalist Summer Make Up



When it comes to these hot summer days we've been having in California lately, using minimal products is at the top of my list! During the summer the last thing you want is to worry about your make up. Especially me, who is quite sensitive to the heat and the last thing I want is my foundation to melt away. So today I opted for a simple look using these products:

L'ORÉAL Magic Lumi Primer
I love using this primer to give my face a nice glow on days when my face is  looking a little on the dull side. This primer gives you that nice natural glow. You can apply it to the whole face or in my case I apply it to the high points of my face. 

Elf HD Lifting Concealer
This concealer is great at lightening up the under eye area. I use a little of this and it gives a brightening effect that I desperately need and instantly makes me look like a morning person!  Haha

Cover Girl True blend Fix Stick 
I apply this concealer basically on the areas I need it. Since on days like this, I tend to skip foundation but there are some areas that need a little bit of coverage,  and this concealer does the trick. It's also nice under the eyes and it tends to get a bit dry in that area for me, yet this concealer doesn't dry it out even further like I found most do.
 
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour Blush
This blush is my favorite!  Not only is the formula amazing, but the color as well! I love using this blush when I have a long day and can't be bothered to touch up my blush.  I have the shade Blissful and it's exactly that! It's the perfect coral blush and this blush is foolproof,  you can really layer this blush, so you won't get so much product all in one go.

Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder
Believe it or not, but this is actually my first bronzer!  I've never dabbled into the bronzing pool up until a few months ago. I think this bronzer was the perfect one to start off with it. I have the shade 01 Natural and this is another foolproof product. You can easily build it up to your liking. Especially since this is my first bronzer, I don't exactly want to go overboard. 

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
This would have to be amongst my favorite eyeshadow primers! I struggle with oily eyelids and this keeps the oil at bay and really keeps my eye shadow on my lids! 
I would definitely recommend it if you're having trouble finding a good eyeshadow primer. 

NYX Eyeshadow 
I have a few of NYX eyeshadows and eyeshadow palettes,  but this shade Iced Mocha
 Is my favorite! I usually gravitate towards this shade when I don't want to fuss about with eyeshadow.  I just pop this on and I'm done and if I want to add a little more definition in my crease, I take a little bit of my bronzer and pop thay in there.

Limecrime Liquid Eyeliner 
I have the old packaging of this eyeliner and since then I think they also changed the formula along with the packaging.  To be honest,  I like this eyeliner, but it does smudge. Now I have tried the new formula and its budge proof! But for now,  I tend to use this one so I can finish it up.

NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder
On the days I want more of a natural brow this is the product I reach for. The powders are great and it comes with two shades, even a wax, which is also great at taming those unruly brows!

Ulta Super Stretch Fiber Mascara 
Ulta has some pretty good mascaras and this is one of them! This mascara gives a nice length to my lashes and the formula is dry, which is why I enjoy using it so much, and you can really layer this mascara up without it clumping.

Sephora Eyelash Curlers 
I have yet to find a pair of eyelash curlers that blow me away. Not to say this isn't a good because it is, but I haven't found one that wowed me. As for these, their good standard pair of eyelash curlers.

NYX Eyeliner
I enjoying using a white eyeliner every now and then to make my eyes look wide awake. I also enjoy using this one from NYX because it seems to stay in my waterline for a reasonable amount of hours.

I know I said minimal,  but for me this is pretty minimal!  And for the most part it's pretty quick to throw together.

What are some of your go to products for summer? 

Until next time, sending all my love to all my make up connoisseurs!

No comments:

Post a Comment